Monday, November 18, 2013

A Pretty Purple Banner

Today was the day that we received our first Chapter Key Award!! It was an exciting day to say the least. Mary Carney, Gamma Epsilon Chapter President, and myself could not have been more excited or proud to accept this great honor from STTI today. To be one of the 78 AMAZING chapters to be accepting Key Awards was very cool to say the least.

The different accomplishments of each of the other chapters being read aloud gave me a great understanding about the kind of company we were actually privileged to be a part of this year. Mary and I discussed at length that I really do think that this could just be the beginning for our chapter. Being at the Biennial Convention this year I have acquired an understanding about the ways to properly communicate all that our chapter does to the STTI community at large. I think the biggest barrier in the past with our chapter is not necessarily making sure that we do amazing things, but being able to let others know about the amazing work that we are doing.

So the wheels are in motion to make sure that something similar to this happens again, but in the meantime I will most certainly enjoy the picture of the president and myself proudly holding onto our chapter's accomplishment.


No comments:

Post a Comment