I arrived bright and early at the second delegation meeting and stowed my one carry-on beneath my feet in case things ran long. However, much like the previous day things seemed to move at a good pace and we made great timing during the actual delegation procedures.Mary and I happily cast our votes and helped amend 5 by-laws by an overwhelming majority! A lot of major changes didn't occur to the by-laws, most just clarifying some already existing procedures. However, one new thing that the by-laws created was a way to stagger the executive officer positions of the International organization to ensure that one member of the board from the existing biennium is still on the panel of executive officers. A nice change that will help with continuity of leadership.
The next order of business was the announcement of all of the new chapter officers and the ceremonial exchange of the Sigma chain, or as I like to call it the Passing of the Bling! Once again everything moved rather quickly. I think the most important of the election results was probably the election of Cathy Catrambone as the President-Elect for the next Biennium.
After thanking all of the outgoing officers and the installation of all of the incoming officers, we moved on to the new President Hester Klopper's Call to Action. I am going to go into this in more detail in a post all its own so I am going to move on for now. When all was said and done...we had amended the by laws, adopted the resolutions, sworn in our new officers, and it was finally time for our meeting to come to a close. As soon as the meeting was adjourned a group of women and men from the Tau Lambda-At-Large Chapter presented us with a fun and heartwarming dance. It was a celebration and what a way to end the Second Part of the House of Delegates and start a new Biennium!
No comments:
Post a Comment